Monday, November 28, 2011

See wha ha happened was...

This will be the third time I started this blog post and for some reason when I start uploading photos the site goes berserk.  So...

I know, I know.  It's been a really long time since I've updated my blog.  It was always something I would get to later.  Woops.

Quick updates:  
Where are you working now? 
I now work at Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Texas Medical Center in the OrthoTrauma service line.  It's very busy. 

What's going on with your family?
Harper Anne just turned 2 years old last week!  If this site will work with me, I'll post a video from her party.  I knew she was going to want an Elmo birthday party but leave it to my kid.  I asked her what kind of birthday party she wanted and she clearly said, 'football'.  Wait, what?  Yes, my child asked for a football birthday party.  Immediately after she told me this she ran around the house screaming, 'Go Auburn-War Eagle'.
I'm currently trying to upload a picture of her cake but again, this site isn't uploading my photos correctly.  Boy do I love the quality of the video...I'm seriously considering moving my blog.  Ugh.

We are expecting baby #2 during the first week of April and IT'S A BOY!  My due date has been every day of the first week of April which is laughable because it really doesn't matter.  Doc says that if I can make it to 34 weeks, the baby will be 'safe'.  Uhhhh....how about we set our goals slightly higher?!  I'm pushing for 37.  Always the optimist I suppose.  Honestly making it to the first week of March would be awesome. 


This pregnancy has been very different.  I wouldn't say difficult but it has been emotionally and physically exhausting.  I've had several complications and I was put on bedrest at 17 weeks.  Loads of fun.  I had a cerclage placed at 14 weeks and began contractions shortly after.  We tried the Terbutaline but it just wasn't effective at reducing contractions but was very effective at raising my heart rate to a very unhealthy level.  Nifedipine was what I was prescribed with Harper Anne so we tried it and SUCCESS!  I'm still having contractions but they are occurring at an acceptable rate and duration.  Remember that 2 year old I have?  The term 'modified bedrest' gets pushed to the limit. 

Tomorrow I will post about my new obsession with getting freezer food prepared and divided into appropriate portions.  Hopefully I'll be able to post some photos also.