Monday, April 12, 2010

Loving this weather!

Harper and I couldn't be happier that the weather is finally great!  It's been beautiful with the exception of Saturday when we had decided at the last minute to go to the Texas Bluebonnet Festival.  We woke up early Saturday morning to rain and the weather map proved that there was more to come.  Oh well. 

We've been really great about staying outside and getting some sun.  Taking as many precautions as possible, Harper loves being outside.  Yes, I realize that I have the whitest child on earth but we still get out and have a good time.  We try to walk with our neighbor as often as both of our schedules permit.  At first, we walked around the neighborhood.  Then we got a hair-brained idea to walk to CVS which is a little over 2 miles from our homes.  Then we decided to walk to Walgreens which is a little further because of the sidewalk (I try to acknowledge EVERY step we take).  We walked to HEB which we thought was a lot further than it actually was.  Even though we were disappointed in the mileage (it's roughly the same distance as CVS), a small treck doesn't have a sidewalk which makes it slightly tougher.  It also gives us the opportunity to change up our routine if we need to go to the grocery store.  Our next big hike will be to Kroger which will be 7 miles round trip. 

I'm looking for a jogging stroller.  My neighbor loves hers and takes it on our walks.  I'm looking for a gently used one solely because I don't want to spend $300+ on something I don't need but simply want.  Doesn't make sense to me.  Hopefully I can find one on Craigslist or in a resale shop. 

I have a ton of pictures of Harper that I'm going to post.  These were taken over the last 2 weeks.  Some of them I've emailed and others I just haven't had the time to send out.