Monday, January 18, 2010

Fussiness


This past weekend we went to visit my family and Harper finally got to meet almost everyone. Some of my relatives were sick and others were out of town but hopefully we will be able to go back in a few weeks. I'm very close to my family and it's become even more important to me that Harper see them just as often as John's family who live across town.

Over the past week, Harper has been unusually fussy. I've noticed a pattern: after she eats, she will draw her legs up, cry and become inconsolable. I've called her doctor and am waiting on a return phone call. A friend of mine mentioned that I may try to cut out all dairy from my diet. I think I'll give this a try but I don't like milk so I'll have to cut the only other source of dairy in my diet which is cheese. This is unfortunate because I absolutely L-O-V-E cheese! Her symptoms seem to fit all of the protein intolerance symptoms-colicky, reflux, unable to settle and/or sleep, excessive gas, stomach pain, and green stools. She even has a small rash around her neck which I thought was caused by heat. I want to get her checked out to make sure that she doesn't have something more serious. Hopefully when John gets home I can jump in the shower, do some laundry, submit a bid for a large CPR contract and look forward to another night full of crying (for both Harper and I)!