Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hooray!

I took Harper to the doctor the other day and he changed her medicine from Zantac to Prevacid because he thinks her fussiness is caused by a pretty hard-core case of acid reflux and gas. She had been on Zantac for 12 days and it didn't seem like it was helping and he agreed. We're on day 4 of the Prevacid and she's done a complete 180. She's back to our sweet, happy baby.

She had such a severe case of reflux, her gums were swollen and blanched! On top of that, we think she's teething-at two months old. The other day, I broke down and gave her some Orajel while she was screaming in the store and within 10 minutes, she was out like a light. I found out later that you aren't supposed to give Orajel to infants under 4 months old. Woops!

We've got a big week ahead of us. Harper's grandma is meeting us in Kemah to get Harper's pictures taken by a very talented photographer. I can't wait to see watch she does with Harper as far as posing. She's getting so big. She already weighs 10.5 lbs!


My parents were going to come down this weekend but it didn't work out. They had to stay and help out with Landon because he wasn't feeling well. They're planning on coming down next weekend.  Mom doesn't know it yet but she's going with me to my CPR Party.  She'll find out soon enough!  :)