Saturday, January 2, 2010

So much to do / So little time

Here's the deal:
I've made a promise to myself to blog even on days when I don't really feel like it. So as I was sitting here watching Mike Rowe eat lamb's testicles on Dirty Jobs, I suddenly began to feel overwhelmed. Between Harper's room, crafts & projects, studying for my nurse exit exam, both mine & Harper's doctor's appointments and the usual eating & sleeping, I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. Obviously my craft projects aren't a huge priority but I'm starting to grow tired of looking at them on our dining room table. As for Harper's room, I know it can wait since she has been (and will be) sleeping in our room a little while longer. The studying, however, must be dealt with head-on and I better get on it since the exam is the first week in March. Since I haven't been in school for four months I need to totally submerge myself in my books.

During my pregnancy, I was put on bed rest once I hit 20 weeks due to health reasons. I was allowed to 'walk' (roll in a wheelchair) with my graduating class even though I had one more exam to take-that silly exit exam. I would have completed it but was told to avoid any and all stressful situations. Once I complete this I will officially be a graduate nurse and will have to take the state boards (a.k.a. NCLEX) to become a Registered Nurse. I absolutely cannot wait! In the mean time, I will begin to teach CPR and First Aid through the American Heart Association again (something I truly love and miss). I pick up my CPR mannequins tomorrow and have a meeting with my AHA mentor. I have approx. 10 people who need to renew their certification so it promises to be a busy couple of weeks. Yay!

As I type this, I'm looking across my den at my Christmas tree and a few other decorations that need to come down. I guess I'll add that to the list and try to do that tomorrow...