Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Learn'em young...

Today Harper and I voted.  After pulling up at what I thought was the correct location, we ended up voting at a location in our neighborhood!  I felt quite silly.  While voting, a man gave me a very confused look.  I asked him if everything was ok and he said that he had never seen a baby in a pouch before.  He then looked at me and said that taking a baby to a polling place was probably one of the strangest things he'd seen.  Really?  A baby at a polling place, strange?  I thought that comment was strange.  As I walked off, he shouted "Learn'em young!"  I'm assuming that he was talking about voting.  I didn't particularly want to engage in anymore conversation.

Harper isn't sleeping well for some reason.  I guess she's going through a growth spurt.  That's what I tell myself and it makes me feel better so that's what I'm sticking with.  On Saturday she ate every 1.5-2 hours!  I was exhausted and to top it off, we were out all day at a baby shower and then to her Nana and Grimpy's.  She looked so stinkin' adorable! Luckily my good friend Jennifer made me a nursing cover that I use ALL THE TIME.  BTW: she is currently taking custom orders and she is awesome! Her shop is SimplisticMom. Turns out we were both so exhausted after Saturday we slept all day Sunday.

Speaking of ETSY, I've been thinking of starting my own ETSY shop as well.  I'm making so many slings that it's unbelievable.  When people see me carrying Harper, they ask questions, get my info and ask how they can buy one for someone they know.  I also make these really cute burp cloths and pacifier clips.  I'm currently finishing up a sling for a good friend, about to make another sling for my friend who's about to have a baby and will make another one in a few weeks.  Add on some burp cloths made with some really cute dairy cow material.  I'm really excited and think by typing this, I have convinced myself to open an ETSY shop!  First I need to clean my house!  Check back soon and maybe I'll be "Open for Business".   :)

I'll finish with another picture of Harper.  This was taken after she woke up and was talking up a storm!